Logo Design by FlamingText.com
Logo Design by FlamingText.com

Pages

Friday, July 4, 2014

NYX Love in Rio [En Fuego] Swatches + FOTD

Dear beauties,

First review of the month. How are you guys doing? Still in summer holiday, I guess. In Indonesia, we started our Ramadhan (fasting month) on 29th June 2014. So, instead of doing nothing at this lunch time, let me review my current-fave eyeshadows trio from NYX.

NYX Eye Shadows

NYX has launched many kind of palettes / eye shadows in recent years. I am not a big fan of NYX, actually. In my opinion, the Soft Matte Lip Cream from NYX is the winner. I have tried its concealer but it smudged pretty easily. I once bought the two way cake in Stay Matte but Not Flat range, but the 'Nude' shade turned out greyish on my face. Despite its disability to control oil to be consistent with its name. Crap. Even though the price is moderate, but so far I've never tempted to buy its blushers or foundations. However, my friend was asking me to buy her a powder pact from Korean products based on my recommendation. So I bumped to Chic Princessa one day and accidentally saw the Nyx Love in Rio palettes. And my first thought was: ooh my Gosh, these are so pretty!

Besides Love in Rio, I noticed that NYX also has Love in Paris and Love in Florence. Love in Paris consists of 9 eyeshadows which I think has really good combination in one palette. The one that I like most in Paris range is the Ces't La Vie because it looks glamorous for a night look, and for the Florence I don't have any preference. In my liking, Love in Florence colors are not so lively, but you probably would love this Ciao Bella, the nude beige-y colors.

Love in Paris 'Ces't La Vie'
Love in Florence 'Ciao Bella'

NYX Love in Rio - En Fuego

For me, all concepts are very good and attractive. But for Love in Rio, I was really speechless to see this shade. It's LIR08 - En Fuego. Even though in Spanish, En Fuego means Fire, but the colors are pretty cool mauve-y tones and looks great for smokey-eyes.







You can see the pictures above, as for me this shade is just perfect for my daily signature look. If you are following this blog and read my previous posts, you would see how much I love mauve and purple shades. Moreover, with three contrasting colors in one palette, this item is more than enough.












No.1 is the greyish black that leaning to charcoal. It's super pigmented but sadly a bit difficult to blend. It has no shimmer but it's not super matte as well.
No. 2 is the deep mauve-y burgundy that really attracted me from the very first sight. The color is so nice, yet you need primer before applying this, as the color wouldn't show up that much without primer.
No. 3 is the frosty silver that aims to be used as highlight. This also needs primer otherwise the color would be difficult to spread. 



My take on this product:

Pros +
Great pigmentation and long lasting
Good color combination
The price is relatively cheap (if you shop online)
Packaging is sturdy and compact
I don't experience any fallout
Easy to get

Cons -
Needs primer to make the color pop (i wasn't using primer on photos below)
A bit chalky and not too easy to blend
The brush is too thin and small, and it has no mirror, unfortunately

Simple tutorial on NYX Love in Rio - En Fuego
Overall I give this score 3.8/5.0

Kudos to the pigmentation, but I don't like the texture. Overall, if you are looking for eyeshadow for daily smokey eyes, this one is still a good deal. See you on my upcoming review ~xoxo~

Voila! I am ready to go to office. TGIF!


No comments:

Post a Comment