Logo Design by FlamingText.com
Logo Design by FlamingText.com

Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

IBB Make Up Challenge February 2014: Summer Fairytale


Hello fabulous ladies,

Apologize for my absence in about a month, I am blaming the heavy workload at office -- okay, make sure my boss can't read this :-). I have been extremely tired lately, as I jumped to one of IBB member's post about this. Yes, now you believe that I have been disappeared for THAT long because I just noticed the IBB MUC for February a couple of days ago. Four days before February's gone.

 
At first sight, I can tell that I LOVE the poster!



Yes, I've been a true big fan of Disney Princess thingy (well, who doesn't?). My first western song that I could clearly spell and remember when I was 7 was A Whole New World of Aladdin. I was also witnessing how nasty Ariel in The Little Mermaid, how lovely Belle in Beauty and the Beast and how strong is the Pocahontas. I also watched the Disney Classic collection; Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, you name it. Seeing this poster, it reminds me of the picture in The Little Mermaid comic's cover, with slight difference because it was underwater :)


Now, back to the theme of this month's MUC. Okay, first of all, this is my first time joining in MUC, I am not that confident because what I've seen from other bloggers so far, they created the extravagant look which I couldn't do. My make up look will still be natural; beigey, nude, or rosy. So, this time, instead of comparing myself with one of the Disney's princesses, I pick the example of human, real human, with rosy fairy look (see above). Let's see what I can do for this challenge.

Etude House Cotton Fit BB

As one of the requirement for the late post of MUC, I should include one of Etude House's products. This time I am using BB Cream Precious Mineral Cotton Fit in W24 Honey Beige.

It is the sister of Etude BB Precious Mineral Bright Fit which is so popular. Though this one is designed for oily skin, but for the coverage and longevity, I can say that Bright Fit is a bit better than Cotton Fit. But yes, for oil control, this one is the winner.




So, here's the rose fairy created.

I began with the eyes. I am using one of the palettes from Sephora Pret A Porter Palette, that was released in Summer 2012. I bought it in Sephora Pavilion KL for about MYR 150 (IDR 450,000). Quite cheap considering that I got 6 palettes, each consists of 4 eyeshadows, 2 lipglosses and 1 blush on. The palette that I use here is the pink one (picture shown below is not mine. I almost finish the two colors in the middle :p


See the review here


By using the subtle gold on lid, magenta on lid, taupe on the outer corner, and silvery white as highlighter


VOILA!

These are what I look like. I didn't do anything with my hair, just pull half of it to the back. Surprisingly, the wave that I got from digital perm in NOVEMBER last year is still there. Even better because it isn't as curly as in the beginning. Happy!



So here are the list of stuff that I use:
  • Benefit POREfessional primer
  • Etude House Precious Mineral Cotton Fit BB Cream in W24 Honey Beige
  • MAC Select Sheer Powder NC30 (both BB cream and powder applied with Coastal Scent Bionic Flat Top Brush --> try this, it's cheap and almost similar to Sigma F80!)
  • NARS Blush in Angelika
  • Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes Mascara in Very Black
  • Too Faced Shadow Insurance
  • TheBalm Mary Lou-manizer as highlighter
  • Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Rose Velvet 
  • Sorry forgot to attach in the picture -- Revlon Colorstay Gel Liner in Charcoal

Add caption
Just wish me luck!
See you :*

Should you interested to join, please go to this.

It'll be closing soon at March 6, so post your look NOW! ~xoxo~

No comments:

Post a Comment