Logo Design by FlamingText.com
Logo Design by FlamingText.com

Pages

Friday, April 4, 2014

TheBalm Voyage Make Up Competition: Earthy-Turkey Look

Ladies!

I am going to submit my make up look to participate in the Balm Voyage Make Up Competition, held by the lovely Ms. Chell Sanjaya and Lotte Shopping Avenue.

I am a big fan of TheBalm Cosmetics quite recently. IMHO, they are unique. I love the packaging (sooo vintage!) and the products are mostly great, at least so far I have tried its luminizer combo; Mary Lou and Cindy Lou, the Plump Your Plucker lip gloss (I am not a lipgloss person but I can tell that this lipgloss is quite nice because it has fruity scent and tingling sensation) and I have also ordered that plummy Instain Blush in Pinstripe. can't wait to try it on and make a review!

Last night, I was surprised because my daughter slept so early at 9 (yes, 9 is so early, because she used to go to bed at 11-12), thus I had a free time to create the make up look. For those who've never heard about TheBalm Voyage or even TheBalm Cosmetic, just go to this link to see how pretty their products are.


Balm Voyage - cover
Balm Voyage - color selections

Balm Voyage
Holiday Face Palette

Girls, for you who love travelling… you must really have this best holiday palette from theBalm, Balm Voyage. This travel friendly palette has unique packaging that contains 16 jet setting shadow paired with 3 lip and cheek cream, very practical, complete and easy to carry anywhere. Have high color pigmentation with an excellent level of visibility and long-wearing. So, you do not need to frequently look at the mirror to make sure your makeup, because the colors will always stay to beautify your face no matter how long you are out enjoying your days. In addition, it has many choices of colors; it’s easy for you to create any looks based on your desire.

Hey, that thing really suits me! I DO love traveling. Of course I wouldn't ignore this competition because its theme is rather interesting. After a tough deliberation (as if this is America's Next Top Model's show), I initially thinking to create the Australian look or Manila, as I am pretty much sure that people would prefer Ameirca and Italy. But finally I decided to pick Istanbul look, because I love to make an earthy make up and I thought the Istanbul will be good to represent the look.

ISTANBUL is the largest city of Turkey, a country that is located both in Asia and Europe. Common people usually misled to think that Istanbul is the Turkey's capital, yet the real capital city is Ankara. The biggest event in Turkey's history was the Ottoman Empire that held the power for more than 6 centuries (1200ish-1900ish), before it was collapsed at the end of World War I. Turkey is widely known as a country that consists of big Muslim community that upholds secularism. Speaking of Turkish women, they are naturally beautiful, because they have combination between Caucasian, Arabic and Persian. They used to wear Hijab/scarf with style, that's what I like from them, like the picture below. Oh, I am so inspired now!

Courtesy of www.raihaneh.com
Now let's go to the tutorial. Firstly, prime+prep your face to create a good canvas with primer and if you have dry skin, you can add moisturizer. Apply your favorite foundation afterwards, use brush for a more airbrushed finish. Put some finishing powder if you have oily skin, to keep your face fresh longer.


I always found that the eye make up as the most challenging task. Not only because I have a typical Asian small eyes, but I also have a narrow lid which really limits me  to be creative with thousand shades of eye shadows out there.
Step 1: Apply rich brown shadow on lower lid.
Step 2: Apply thinly grey taupe shadow from crease to the upper lid.

Step 3: Apply lime green shade on the outer corner of the lid. Blend seamlessly.
Step 4:  Apply TheBalm Cindy Loumanizer at the inner corner of the lid to highlight.
Step 5: Apply Revlon Grow Luscious Lash Liner in Emerald at the outer corner of lower lash line to add some sparkles.
Step 6: Apply the brown/black eye liner
Step 7: Apply mascara and eyebrow to make your eyebrow thicker and neat.


After your eyes are set, the next thing to do is to contour the cheek. Because I was making an earthy look, so I was consistent to pick warmer tones for contouring (orangy brown) and blush (dusty warm rose). At the end, I put a terracotta lipstick to complete the look.
Don't forget to add scarf as an accessories, then voila, I magically turned into a Turkish woman (well at least I tried, though my Asian eyes can't lie) :D


EYES: 
  • Bourjouis Ombre a Paupieres #74 in Brun Somptueux (Rich Brown) 
  • Urban Decay Dangerous Palette in Mushrooms 
  • Too Faced Glamour to Go Palette in Lime Green
  •  TheBalm Cindy Loumanizer
  •  Revlon Grow Luscious Lash Liner in Emerald
  • Silky Girl Gel Eyeliner in Brown
  • Mavala Waterproof Mascara in Black
  • Revlon Eye Brow Pencil in Brown
BASE:
  • BareMinerals Prime Time Primer
  • Revlon Airbrush Photoready Mousse Make Up in Medium Beige
CHEEKS:
  • Bourjois Blush in Tomette
  • MAC Extra Dimensional Blush in Autoerotique
LIPS:
  • MAC Matte in Chili
  • Make Up Forever Aqua Rouge in Brown Beige
Are you ready to fly to Istanbul with me? ~xoxo~
























4 comments:

  1. Hey intan! Nice makeup look! hehehe
    Btw aku bingung mau follow kamu tapi ngga ngeliat GFC kamu, hehehe ntah mata ku yang picek, give me a sign please hehe xD

    Visit my blog too ya :)
    bowbowdorable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Auzola, glad that you found me! hihihi, masa ya ga nemu icon buat follow? kayaknya aku mesti utak atik settings lg nih, maklum baru 4 bulanan jadi beauty blogger, hehehe :D

      Delete
  2. Hai Intan salam kenaaalll, goodluck ya MUCnya! Manis amatttt <3

    Mind to follback?
    sweetlikeapeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ririe, siap nanti aku folback :) aku lagi kepikiran mau redesign blog nih. stay tuned ya :)

      Delete