Logo Design by FlamingText.com
Logo Design by FlamingText.com

Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

My Version of "7 Deadly Sins of Beauty"




GREED: What is your most inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive?

My most expensive beauty item is the NARS Love Yourself Set Blush & Bronzing Combo with Lip Gloss! I was just so curious to try out one of the NARS' blushers to find out why people are raving so much about them. Since the single blush costs so damn expensive (online shops in Indonesia usually sell it for around idr 350,000-400,000), I found a good deal at id.strawberrynet.com with extra discount so I 'only' had to pay for idr 396,000 for this combo (NARS Blush Angelika, Nars Bronzer Laguna and NARS Lip Gloss is Angelika, too). I eventually sold it to a friend because the pink color wasn't like what I expected. And in terms of longevity, I found that Illamasqua Powder Blush is slightly better.

My most inexpensive one is the Silky Girl Eye Brow Pencil. As I am not a brow-person, bought it accidentally at the drugstore while waiting for my daughter's medicine to be processed when she was sick. It only costs idr 18,000 :)

===

WRATH: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with? What product has been the hardest to get? 
 
It's the VOV Cover Foundation that I've used as concealer. As an acne-prone, my skin is always suffered from acne scars, and this cover foundation could cover it well (if used as concealer, not as foundation because it'll look too heavy). I love the creamy but stiff texture, easy to blend, and the most important thing that they're quite long lasting! So, love it! But, because the color is Dark Brown (lighter colors wouldn't be able to cover the scars on my medium-tan skin), I found that it makes my foundation look more beige-y than its original shade, and it oxidizes too! It makes my skin 1 shade darker (beige-r) at the end of the day :( Rethinking to repurchase it because I almost finish the whole jar (and it took a pretty long time: 1,5 years) because the price is also a bit high for a concealer (around idr 150,000)

===

GLUTTONY: What are your most delicious beauty products?

I am not a fan of cutely-packaged Korean make up, since the color range is NOT SO ME, so I prefer US brands with more variety shades. And as you know, none of the US products smells as fresh as fruits or whatsoever. So, my most delicious beauty product so far is...probably Oriflame Very Me Peach Me Perfect Skin Glow. I was deeply in love with its peachy scent! This is by far the best make up product from Oriflame and I am not kidding you (I was an agent one time). Though the texture is runny, but it has good coverage and successfully evened out skin tone very well. So wearable for daily office hours, especially if you mostly spend a day indoor. They called it tinted moisturizer, so as predicted, it doesn't provide good longevity and it could make your oily skin more oily in mid-day. Nevertheless, I spent 3 tubes of Very Me in 2011 because I loveeeed the smell!

===

SLOTH: What beauty products do you neglect due to laziness?

Mascara. Haha, while most of beauty junkies love mascara and tend to have high-end products, me not. I don't know why but I am always too lazy to play with my thin eyelashes. I hate it, and I need a little help from mascara to make it better. BUT, still, putting the mascara at the end of make up routine is not something I cherish -.-

===

PRIDE: What beauty product gives you the most self confidence?

I can't live without eyeliner, I mean anykind of eyeliner. My eyes will be looked so small and unattractive without the eyeliner. Either eyeliner itself or combined with smokey eyes, I prefer the latter. The eyeliner plays important role in creating a polished look. My recent favorite, since the gel eyeliner has been invented, is the Revlon Colorstay Gel Liner in Charcoal. I don't really like black eyeliner because it usually applies unevenly and smudged. I prefer the dark grey one or dark brown.

=== 

LUST: What products do you lust after?

I am craving more and more for a lipstick with lip cream texture but matte finish. I am literally a fan of matte lipstick, but i found that Make Up Forever Aqua Rouge Lipstick in Chesnut as my all-time favorite. I wanted to repurchase but because it's pricey, I am searching for a cheaper version of it. Currently I just bought the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics' Lip Tar, and can't wait to try the whole 4 Lip Tar minis and review it soon!

=== 

ENVY: What items would you most like to receive as a gift?

I always look for a perfect foundation, and never bored to experiment with them. So, some higher-end foundies will be my preference. At the moment I am thinking to try TheBalm Shelter Tinted Moisturizer, Urban Decay Naked Foundation, and last but I am craving the most,, is the Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer. That's my HG!  I got its sample once after had a big shop at Sephora. It's pricey (55 usd), and only available at Sephora US. 


Those are my version 7 Deadly Sins, you can make yours by copy-pasteing my post. See you again! ~xoxo~


2 comments:

  1. I'm not really a fan of mascara either. Somehow it makes my eyes uncomfortable and I don't like the smudgy effect when my accidentally crashed into my eyes :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nindya, thanks for reading :) I just bought Mavala Waterproof Mascara at Watson yesterday. It totally changes my perspective! My lashes now can look naturally curly effortlessly. Coba deh :)

    ReplyDelete